Malla Haridat is as award winning entrepreneur, author, and founder of New Designs for Life Inc. an innovative training company.
Malla has been recognized by the Mayor of New York City for her work as a mentor to entrepreneurs.
The New York Times did a full-page article on her work and said “Malla Haridat gets people thinking like an entrepreneur.”
Malla Haridat is a contributor to Black Enterprise Magazine, HuffingtonPost and has been quoted by Fox Small Business and Inc.
She has worked with Black Enterprise Magazine Entrepreneur Conference and sits on the Board of Advisors for Barnard College’s Entrepreneurship Group.
Malla has a degree from Columbia University and is the former Vice President of College Relations for the New York chapter of the National Board of African-American HR professionals.
She specializes in teaching people how to tackle the big question marks in their life to get the most important answers needed to experience success.
Malla started her entrepreneurial pursuits at age 16 when she sold the car she inherited from her grandmother to start a vending machine and when she’s not working, she’s teaching her young daughter how to take advantage of life through entrepreneurial thinking.
New York Times – An Entrepreneur Practices What She Teaches
Black Enterprise – A Black Businesswoman in China
YFS Magazine – Dear Startup, How Bad Do You Really Want Entrepreneurship?
Fox Small Business – 5 Steps to a Small Business Loan
Huffington Post – Three Ways to Build Visibility When You Don’t Know Where to Start
Most Requested Sessions
The Results Driven Vision Board
- The goal getting workshop that leaves attendees with clarity, confidence, and a solid plan that gets results
The 5 Questions that You Need to Ask to Run a Successful Small Business
- Master the critical business skills to transform your moonlighting into a viable business
The 3 tools that will move you from Employee to Leader
- Transform your professional career by developing your career vision, setting strategic goals and learning how to maintain momentum in your next steps.
Nailing the Elevator Pitch
- The introduction that leaves people begging for your business card
Previous Speaking Events include:
- A Better Chance
- American Association of Grant Professionals
- Association of Black Foundation Executives
- Association of MIT Alumnae
- Bank Street College
- Barnard College
- Bergen County Community College
- Black Enterprise Kidpreneurs/Teenpreneurs Conference
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Business Exchange Tour for Success
- Columbia University, School of International Pubic Affairs
- Girl Scouts of America
- Grace Institute
- Manhattan High School for Girls
- Metropolitan College of New York
- National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women’s Clubs
- National Association of Professional Organizers
- National Hispana Leadership Institute
- National Urban Fellows
- National Urban League
- Neighborhood Housing Services of North Bronx
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation
- Partnership for After School Corporation
- Pierre Toussaint Scholarship Program
- PYP Freelance Business Development Summit
- Queens Economic Development Corporation
- Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- Wall Street Conferences – Building Wealth Conference