Malla Haridat is an award winning entrepreneur, author, and founder of New Designs for Life Inc.an innovative training company.
Malla has been recognized by the Mayor of New York City for her work as a mentor to entrepreneurs.
She has won the NYC Small Business Award for entrepreneurship innovation.
The New York Times did a full-page article on her work and said “Malla Haridat gets people thinking like an entrepreneur.”
Malla Haridat is a contributor to Black Enterprise Magazine, HuffingtonPost and has been quoted by Fox Small Business and Inc.
She has worked with Black Enterprise Magazine Entrepreneur Conference and sits on the Board of Advisors for Barnard College’s Entrepreneurship Group.
Malla has a degree from Columbia University and is the former Vice President of College Relations for the New York chapter of the National Board of African-American HR professionals.
She specializes in teaching people how to tackle the big question marks in their life to get the most important answers needed to experience success.
Malla started her entrepreneurial pursuits at age 16 when she sold the car she inherited from her grandmother to start a vending machine and when she’s not working, she’s teaching her young daughter how to take advantage of life through entrepreneurial thinking.
Malla Speaking Clips
A short sample of prior speaking events include:
- Association of Black Foundation Executives
- Association of MIT Alumnae
- Bank Street College
- Barnard College
- Black Enterprise Kidpreneurs/Teenpreneurs Conference
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Columbia University, School of International Pubic Affairs
- National Association of Professional Organizers
- National Urban Fellows
- Partnership for After School Corporation
- Pierre Toussaint Scholarship Program
- PYP Freelance Business Development Summit
- Queens Economic Development Corporation